PerkinElmer intros next-generation DNA sequencing and analysis services
PerkinElmer launched its next-generation DNA sequencing and data analysis services, which offer scientists the capability to outsource their genome sequencing requirements through the company’s sequencing lab in Branford, CT.
PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA) launched its next-generation DNA sequencing and data analysis services, which offer scientists the capability to outsource their genome sequencing requirements through the company’s sequencing lab in Branford, CT. The facility's sequencing platforms and software suites are backed by an Internet-enabled “private cloud” for genomic data interpretation and analysis by customers.
The sequencing and analysis services provide life scientists with human and mouse exome resequencing, which focuses on those parts of the genome where the vast majority of disease-relevant information is derived. This approach enables faster, actionable, disease-relevant results for researchers without the higher costs associated with whole-genome screening.
PerkinElmer’s next-generation DNA sequencing and data analysis services comprise:
- Collaborative project planning and consultation to define an optimized, custom-designed sequencing program
- Comprehensive sample processing and library preparation, employing the company's automation technology and industry kits
- Scalable sequencing platform technology
- Rapid turnaround times, from sample prep to sequence analysis
- Samples and data never have to leave the company's premises
- Data available directly through a secure, Web-based portal hosted in a validated private cloud environment. Data can be accessed following sequencing run, and archived for future analysis
The next-generation sequencing and analysis services leverage highly automated processes powered by the company's JANUS automated workstations. All samples and sample processing steps, including project initiation, sample preparation, sequencing runs, data acquisition distribution and quality control, are tracked through Geospiza’s Lab Edition—a Web-based, next-generation sequencing LIMS. Data analysis is executed using Geospiza’s Analysis Edition genetic analysis and visualization software.
For more information regarding PerkinElmer’s Next Generation DNA Sequencing and Analysis Services, please visit: www.perkinelmer.com/sequencing.
Posted by Lee Mather
Follow OptoIQ on your iPhone; download the free app here.
Subscribe now to BioOptics World magazine; it's free!