Optical engineering services firm ASE Optics (Rochester, NY) is expanding their unique Discovery Service to reach companies worldwide. The service includes 20 hours of focused optical engineering for a discounted cost. Developed as an integrated tool to put "stuck" projects back on track fast, the service rapidly determines feasibility, difficulty or cost for new designs; defines a problem within a larger program context; and troubleshoots a practical solution for a tightly defined problem.
Representative projects include:
- Analyze tolerance of an ultra-fast laser system.
- Investigate LED spotlight instrument homogenization techniques.
- Analyze opto-mechanical tolerance for a high-resolution fluorescence imaging lens.
- Analyze laser-based sheet illumination and imaging system for zero-gravity turbulence studies.
- Develop optical specs for a medical fluorescence imaging system.
- Develop low-stress assembly technique for a polarization imaging system.
- Design linear lenslet array for controlled image diffusion.
- Develop sampling techniques for scanning optical metrology systems.
- Develop procedures for a precision optical element alignment station.
- Design IR imaging lens.
- Investigate novel imaging lens systems for horizon imaging.